Our scholarship helps develop community leaders.
Thanks to our donors, since 2007 SAHE has been able to award more than $20,000 dollars in scholarships to help students commited to serving their communities attain the resources to continue with their studies.
About the scholarship
The mission of Student Advocates for Higher Education (SAHE) at San Jose State University is to promote higher education among immigrant students regardless of legal status, through activism, advocacy, community involvement, peer support, and leadership development. SAHE has created this scholarship to reward students who are highly motivated to reach their goals through education and hard work.
How to Apply
The application process is now open. The scholarship will be open to Bay Area students and students who will be attending school in the Bay Area (Santa Cruz included). Recipients will receive their scholarship award through their school’s financial aid office. You can access the scholarship here.
Overview of the Application Process
Application Deadline: Applications Must be postmarked no later than May 6th, 2017. Application postmarked after the deadline will not be accepted.
Application process is now open and must be sent to SAHE SJSU’s Student Involvement Box #63. Applications received after deadline will not be accepted.
Amounts may vary from $500 - $1,000.
- Submit an Essay answering the required questions in the scholarship application.
- Submit an autobiographical statement, to be included in a separate page from essays.
- Current school transcript (official or unofficial).
- Provide proof of enrollment to a college or university for Fall 2017:
- Current High School Seniors: A Letter of Acceptance (must be provided, upon request)
- Current college students: transcripts of the current semester should suffice.
- The SAHE Scholarship is open to Bay Area students and students who will be attending school in the Bay Area (Santa Cruz included).
- Recipient must be enrolled or planning to enroll next Fall quarter or semester at a CommunityCollege (CC), California State University (CSU), University of California (UC) or private University in California, as Undergrad, Graduate student, or enrolling in a Credential Program.
- Applicant must have a minimum of a 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicant will be interviewed by the SAHE Scholarship Committee in person.
- Recipients must be present at the Scholarship Ceremony to receive award on August 5th, 2017. Scholarship is available for renewal every year.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org